Thank you for registering for our nVidia sponsored free tournament on Sunday starting at 11am. We have received over 150 applications but nVidia’s rules only allow for 30 participants. In order to give everyone a fair chance to play, we will be picking entrants on a first-come, first served basis using the Discord chat program (available both on the web or via the PC/iPhone/Android app).
- Browse to http://gamesync.us/chat where you’ll find links to download the app and join our channel. Use your in-game name when you create your account.
- On Friday starting at 6PM, type #lol into the text lobby. This will confirm your entry.
- If you’re not part of the first 30, we will have a stand-by list for no-shows.
- Please be sure that you have also registered on nVidia’s website before Friday: https://www.pldx.com/groups/geforce/event/gamesync-league-of-legends-geforce-weekend-warriors-tournament-at-gamesync-gaming-center Note that this does NOT guarantee you a spot, it’s only to fulfill nVidia’s rules.
Other important points:
- If you want to get ready for the process, feel free to create an account on Discord now and jump into chat to check out how the process works. We recommend downloading the PC app and/or the phone apps. http://gamesync.us/chat
- After 30 people register with us on Friday, we will build the teams based on rank.
- How the tournament works: we will create 6 teams (A-F). There will be 2 groups of 3 teams each and 3 games in each group. Each team plays each other. For example: A plays B, B plays C and A plays C. The winner of each group will be in the finals. In the event of a tie, the team with the fastest win will proceed to the finals.
- If you don’t gain entry to Sunday’s tournament, don’t worry! We will also have an online tournament and/or other events with unlimited participation.
- If you want to share this event with others, please give them this link: http://gamesync.us/league Our Facebook event link is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1672604739683112/
Join GameSync’s LoL GeForce Weekend Warriors Event!
On Sunday, December 20 starting at 11am, you’re invited to take part in the first ever LoL tournament sponsored by nVidia at GameSync! To enroll, click here.
NVIDIA GeForce® Weekend Warriors LAN Center Tournament
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Or Payment Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
Welcome to the NVIDIA GeForce® Weekend Warriors LAN Center Tournament. These rules (“Official Rules”) set forth the rules and regulations of the NVIDIA GeForce® Weekend Warriors LAN Center Tournament (the “Tournament”) presented by iGames, Inc. (“iGames” or “Sponsor“).
Please read these Official Rules carefully before submitting an entry or participating in the Tournament. These Official Rules contain important information about eligibility to enter the Tournament, the rules of the Tournament and other important information. Please note that the rules for playing the game in the Tournament are contained in the “Game Play Rules.” The Game Play Rules are incorporated herein by this reference.
By registering for the Tournament, you accept these Official Rules and agree to be bound by their terms. If you do not agree with these Official Rules, please do not register for the Tournament.
The Tournament is open only to residents of the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec, that are 13 years of age or older as of December 18, 2015 and who properly register for the Tournament (each a “Player”). Each Player may be required to show proof of age and residence. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER AND/OR PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT. Participation in the Tournament is also subject to compliance with the requirements specified below and in the Game Play Rules. Employees of Sponsor, or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Tournament and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings, and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes Player’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited.
- Tournament Period
The Tournament shall begin on either December 18, 2015, December 19, 2015 or December 20, 2015 between 9amEDT and end at approximately 1:59am EDT on either December 18, 2015, December 19, 2015 or December 20, 2015 (the “Tournament Period”). Players should check with their “Host Location” for start time and check in requirements for Player spot assignments and Tournament start time. Players must be present at the Host Location’s designated Player spot assignment time or their Player spot will be forfeited and awarded to another Player.
- How to Enter the Tournament & Registration
Each Player must complete the online Tournament registration and agree to these Official Rules (the “Entry”).
There is no fee to register or participate in the Tournament.
Each Host Location will provide a maximum of 30 Tournament Player spots. Player spots will be awarded first come- first served based on the order in which players pre-register in multiples of 5. Pre-registered players beyond the maximum allowed will be considered on a waiting list. At the start of the Tournament, should there be available Player spots after the pre-registered Players have been called, available spots will be awarded in order of the pre-registration wait list. Players will be allowed to register on site and if no spots are available they will be added to the waiting list queue.
- Tournament Play
The Game Play Rules, incorporated herein, specify the rules of play for the Tournament. The Tournament will consist of game play of six Player teams through a team pool play format utilizing the game League of Legends. Should registered Players only allow for five teams to be formed, the Tournament will consist of 25 total Players through a pool play format. Should registered Players only allow for four teams to be formed, the Tournament will consist of 20 total Players through a pool play format. Should registered Players only allow for three teams to be formed, the Tournament will consist of 15 total Players through a pool play format. Should registered Players only allow for two teams to be formed, the Tournament will consist of 10 Players through a single elimination format.
Each of the 12 Host Locations will award a grand prize to their winning team. Each of the five Players on the winning teams will receive a League of Legends Riot Points Gift Card (ARV $25 USD).
For all Prizes: No cash equivalent for any prize, prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Sponsor will pay the costs of delivery of each prize. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sales tax (if any) and income tax are the sole responsibility of each Player. If a Player forfeits or is disqualified for any reason, such Player is not eligible to receive their prize. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1,500 USD.
- POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE TOURNAMENT.
- Notification of Winners
The Players who win a prize will be notified at the Tournament conclusion by the Host Location or by mail, phone or e-mail, as determined by Sponsor within 30 days of the end of the Tournament Period. If required by law, the winner will be required to execute Federal and State tax releases. The tax release must be provided to Sponsor within ten days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited. The prize will be delivered within 30 days of winner being verified. Sponsor will not deliver a prize to any person other than the winner.
Winner, by entering the Tournament, consents to their name and country being disclosed as indicated below. Sales taxes, if any, and income taxes are the responsibility of each winner. Sponsor will pay the costs of shipping or delivery of the prize.
- Use of Information
- General Release
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be responsible for any of the following insofar as they are beyond their reasonable control: (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or any other computer and communications related malfunctions or failures; (b) any Tournament disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor with the exception of personal injury or death caused by negligence; or (c) any technical or human error such as typographical, printing, or administrative errors in any materials associated with the Tournament. Unless prohibited by the applicable law, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
- General Terms
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Tournament and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, USA. Each Player agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Tournament or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Santa Clara County, California, USA, and all Players agree to Santa Clara County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Santa Clara County, USA, in which case the above clause on jurisdiction may not apply to you. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Tournament and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- These Official Rules are subject to any requirements/limitations imposed by the Federal Communications Commission.
- The Tournament is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Players agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Tournament, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Tournament, or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Tournament as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such persons to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Winners, Rules Request.
For the name and country of the winners or to obtain a copy of these rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and request.
The Tournament is sponsored by iGames, Inc., 4962 El Camino Real, Suite 206, Los Altos, CA 94022, USA.
Game Play Rules
These rules (these “Game Play Rules”) set forth the rules of game play for the GeForce Weekend Warriors LAN Center Tournament (the “Tournament”) presented by iGames, Inc. (“iGames”). iGames is the “Sponsor”. Please read the Game Play Rules carefully before submitting an entry or participating in the Tournament as these Game Play Rules contain important information about the rules and format of the Tournament.
1.1. Disconnect – When a Player is disconnected from the Server due to network connectivity issues.
1.2. Disputes – A controversy and/or difference of opinion over which Teams or Players disagree or debate and present to an Official for a decision.
1.3. Disqualification – The removal of a Team or Player from the Tournament by an Official for violation of either the Official Rules or these Game Play Rules.
1.4. Forfeit – The act of voluntarily admitting a defeat during the Tournament, thereby surrendering victory of the Round, Match or Tournament (as applicable) to the opposition or having a victory or opportunity to play Round(s) or Match(es) revoked by an Official due to Player/Team violation of the Official Rules or Game Play Rules.
1.5. Handle – A Player or Team pseudonym used for identification of Players or Teams during the Tournament.
1.6. Maps – One League of Legends virtual environment on which Teams compete. All Matches in the Tournament will be played on the Map named Summoner’s Rift (Summer).
1.7. Match – One League of Legends session of play, ending when either Team destroys the opposing Team’s Nexus, a Team passes a vote to surrender or all Players on a Team intentionally disconnect.
1.8. Official – The designated individual(s) presiding over the Tournament and responsible for enforcing the Official Rules and these Game Play Rules.
1.9. Penalty – A punishment enforced by the Official of a Player/Team for violating the Official Rules or Game Play Rules.
1.10. Player – Any participant who meets the eligibility requirements and properly registers for the Tournament
1.11. Team – A Team consists of at least 5 Players (one of which is the Team Captain).
1.12. Team Captain – The Team Captain serves as the primary contact for such Team.
1.13. Warning – A verbal or written indication from an Official to a Player/Team that continued or subsequent actions could result in a Penalty.
- Team Assignments
Players will be asked by the Tournament Official to provide their highest current season League of Legends ELO. The Tournament Official reserves the right to check validity of ELO provided by the Player by searching their Summoner name on www.lolking.net. The six Players with the highest ELO will be designated Team Captains. Team Captains will then select from among the remaining Players to form their random team consisting of five Players. The Team Captain with the lowest ELO will pick first, the next lowest ELO will pick second, next lowest ELO will pick third and the Team Captain with the highest ELO will pick fourth. This order of selection will continue until all Players at each Host Location have been placed on a Team.
- Tournament Match Structure
Up to 6 Teams will be randomly sorted into two groups of 3 Teams to compete in pool play. If there are less than 6 Teams, all teams will compete in the same group. Should registered Players only allow for two teams to be formed, the Tournament will consist of 10 Players through a single elimination format.
Teams will be assigned Matches against each of the other Teams in their pool. Each Team will be scheduled to play a minimum of 2 Matches and up to 4 Matches, dependent upon the total number of registered Teams and how many consecutive Matches a Team wins. Teams are eliminated after losing to a single opponent. Matches are a single game contest.
Overall group winner will be determined by the most match victories. If there is a tie, the tie will be broken by determining the team that had the fastest win who will be declared the overall winner. If there are 6 or 8 Teams, the group winners will then play each other to determine the overall tournament winner.
- Match Scheduling
4.1 Tournament Play Schedule: Tournament Play Matches will begin on either December 18, 2015, December 19, 2015 or December 20, 2105 between 9:00am EDT-1:59am EDT. Exact start times vary based on selected Host Location. Players need to check with their Host Location for exact day and start time for their selected Tournament. Matches in the Tournament Play will proceed ahead of schedule if the Teams are available and if so directed by an Official.
4.2 Match Delays: A Match may be delayed from starting only if so directed by an Official, or preceding Matches in the bracket are incomplete, or if a Team is encountering technical difficulties.
- Team Identity and Conduct5.1 Sportsmanship: All Teams will be required to uphold and observe a universal level of sportsmanship. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, but is not limited to, racism, use of profanity, rude acts, vulgar acts, acts of belligerence, and disrespect of an Official.Unsportsmanlike conduct may be Disputed and may be grounds for Team Disqualification by an Official. Rulings on unsportsmanlike actions are subject to the Official’s interpretation and assessment of seriousness. If a Team is found in violation of this rule the following actions may happen:
Minor infractions as judged by an Official: Warning
Severe infractions or repeat minor infractions as judged by an Official: Disqualification
Any accusations of unsportsmanlike conduct by a Team or must be brought to the attention of the Official by filing a dispute following the Match in which the alleged action has occurred for investigation by a presiding Official.
5.2 Player Handles: Handles may not contain profanity, racism, sexism, references to illegal drugs, or general vulgarity. Players found with offensive Handles will be approached by an Official and asked to edit their Handle to something more appropriate.
5.3 Game Accounts/ID: All Teams and participating players on a competing Team are required to have a valid League of Legends account on the North American server. If a player does not have an account associated yet, they can enter it at any time.
- Match Hosting Information and Requirements6.1 Hosting Matches: For each Match, a Team will be randomly designated as the home Team and will be responsible for hosting and inviting their opponent. If a connection cannot be established, a different Player should attempt to host.6.2 Sides: The Team that hosts the Match will play on the side of “Team 1″6.3 Player Disconnects: If a Player fails to load or unintentionally disconnects from a Match within the first 2 minutes of play, the Match should be restarted with all Players selecting the exact same Champions they had. If a Player unintentionally disconnects from a Match after the first 2 minutes of play, they should reconnect using the feature within the game. If they cannot reconnect, their Team will have to play without them.6.4 Server Crashes: If a Match server completely crashes while a Match is being played (in other words, all Players are disconnected), the Match must be replayed in full from the beginning unless, in the sole judgment of an Official, the game has been determined to have been so overwhelmingly dominated by one of the Teams that a comeback was exceeding unlikely beyond a reasonable doubt, in which case that Team will be awarded the victory.
- Game Environment Requirements
The game environment consists of any and all files used to control or play the game. The use of any third-party application and/or program to influence or manipulate the game environment is strictly prohibited, including the use of third-party tools, graphics, textures, models, sounds, HUDs, pointers, or any other alterations that could be perceived as providing an unfair competitive advantage. Any violations that are deemed by an Official to potentially provide a competitive advantage will result in a Disqualification of offending Players.
- Game Play8.1 Match Settings: The settings for all Tournament Matches are as follows:
Game Type: Draft Mode
Map: Summoner’s Rift
Terrain Season: Summer
Team Size: Five versus Five
It is the responsibility of both Teams to verify that the Match settings are correct prior to starting a Match. Once a Match has begun, Teams may not restart or replay due to incorrect Match Settings, unless both Teams mutually agree to do so.
8.2. Victory Conditions: A Match is complete when either Team destroys the opposing Team’s Nexus, either Team passes a vote to surrender, or all Players on a Team intentionally disconnect.
8.3. Champion Restrictions: All champions are permitted. Champions that are introduced into the game after the Tournament has started are allowed to be used during official Tournament Matches.
8.4. Item Limitations: All items are permitted. Items that are introduced into the game after the Tournament has started are allowed to be used during official Tournament Matches.
8.5. Maps: All Matches must be played on Summoner’s Rift (Summer)
8.6. Minimum Players: No Match may start with less than five Players per Team, which is the required minimum number of Players. If Players leave after the Match has begun, the Team may continue to play without them.
8.7. Roster Changes: No rosters changes are permitted during the Tournament unless it has been approved by an Official. To have a roster change done, you must consult an Official to determine if a change will be allowed. The Official’s decision regarding such change will be final and non-negotiable.
8.8. Game Chat: Game chat is permitted as long as it is done in a sportsmanlike manner. All chat should nonetheless be kept to a minimum. Chat violations winter under unsportsmanlike conduct and may be disputed, resulting in an Official enforcing a Penalty.
8.9. Outside Voice Applications: Teams are permitted to use outside voice applications, such as Ventrilo and TeamSpeak.
- Match Media Coverage Guidelines
Sponsor reserves the right to utilize Match broadcasting which may include any media. By registering for the Tournament, each Player consents to allow the Match game play (computer screen images) and Player’s alias to be used.
- Game Exploits and Violations
It is illegal to intentionally utilize any game exploits for the purpose of generating a competitive advantage. Officials have discretion to determine the intention and extent of the violation and Penalty.
10.1 Hacking: Hacking in any form is considered a violation of these Game Play Rules and will result in immediate Player Disqualification. Hacking includes but is not limited to map hacks, unit hacks, or any third party program not deemed legal by an Official.
- Dispute Rights, Requirements, and Guidelines11.1 Dispute Process: A Team has the right to Dispute any opposing Team they feel is in violation of these Game Play Rules. Disputes must be filed by consulting an Official immediately following the conclusion of a Match. A Team who is Disputed has the right to subsequently file a Dispute against the other Team as well. All Disputes must be filed within 5 minutes following the completion of the Match. A Match must be reported regardless of whether a Dispute is being filed. If a Dispute is filed too late, the Dispute may be disregarded.11.2 Evidence Requests: If a Dispute has been filed, Officials may ask Teams/Players involved in the Dispute to request additional evidence, which may include screenshots, logs, and/or replays. If so, the Teams/Players will then be required to promptly begin submitting all requested evidence to the Official in charge of the Dispute.11.3 Discussion of Disputes: Disputes should only be handled in private between the Officials and those Teams/Players directly involved. Raising a Dispute as a public matter for the purpose of appealing, criticizing, or complaining about the verdict may result in Team/Player Disqualification and/or Match Forfeit, depending on severity and malicious intent as determined by the Official.
- Exploitation of Rules
If a Player attempts to manipulate or exploit these Game Play Rules in any way other than for its intended use, Officials reserve the right to make a final ruling on the rule in question for the given Match and/or Dispute.
- Use of Information
- General Release
Sponsors, Host Locations and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or any other computer and communications related malfunctions or failures; (b) any Tournament disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors; (c) any technical or human error such as typographical, printing, or administrative errors in any materials associated with the Tournament; or (d) the use of any Prize.