Counter-Strike Online + LAN Tournaments
Play for prizes (or just fun!) with passionate gamers from all over San Diego. It’s truly epic.
Online + LAN Tournaments
Get ready for the chance to compete and win in our private tournaments against some of the best players in the county at GameSync! If you are not a great player, you are also invited as all skill levels are welcome!
Our resident CS expert SDHitmen organizes and runs the events exclusively for GameSync eSports team members. You must join a team to participate (membership is currently free). Learn more here. We encourage you to participate, it’s an incredible experience!
- $150 Entrance fee per team for a month long CS:GO Tournament.
- The team has to register as a unit, so team leaders, go to the form below and sign up and pay for your team. It is a first come first serve basis.
- $300 prize for 1st
- $200 prize for 2nd
- If too many teams register, we will automatically register your team for the next tournament
- 8-Team Round Robin Tournament followed by playoffs with the finals played at GameSync.
- During Round Robin, each match will consist of 2 maps played.
- Before the match, there will be a captains meeting to determine which maps will be played.
- Each team bans two maps and then each picks a map to play on.
- Matches start at 5pm and 7pm and are played on Monday and Wednesday nights (depending on when you are scheduled to play).
- Pausing is only available for severe technical issues (player disconnecting, mic not working).
- 1 timeout available per team per map (60 seconds).
- At least one match each night will be streamed and casted. This will be determined based on who the caster feels will have the best match-up.
- It is expected that everyone plays in a meaningful and sportsmanlike manner. If you are found breaking any rules that might normally result in your account being banned or given a cool-down (grieving, team-killing, cheating, etc.), you will be kicked out of the tournament (at the sole discretion of the referees). These tournaments are meant to be fun and challenging, so please, do your best to keep it that way.
Map Pool (Active Duty):
- Once each map is finished, team captains need to take a screenshot of the scores and send that to the tournament director (SDHitmen).
- If you win 2-0, you receive 3 points for your team.
- If you tie 1-1, you receive 1 point for your team.
- If you lose 0-2, you receive 0 points for your team.
After all round-robin matches are played, the teams will be ranked based on their points. In the event of a tie in points, there is a number of tie-breakers to see which team comes out on front.
- Head to head – The result of the match between the two teams.
- Round Percentage – Add up all of the rounds won and then subtract the rounds lost, and whoever has a higher number advances.
- Knife Round – If both teams are still tied at this point, there will be a knife round to see which team advances to the final.
If multiple teams are tied, then two teams will be picked at random who will then follow the procedure above to determine who advances.
After the teams are ranked:
- The top 4 teams go to play-offs starting in the semi-finals.
- Best of 3 matches with a slightly different map pick format. Each team bans one map, then picks one map to play on. After that each team bans another map and the final map will be the third map if it comes down to a tie-breaking match.
- Team 1 vs Team 4
- Team 2 vs Team 3
- The winners play at the Finals at GameSync on the last Saturday of the month starting at 2pm.
If you are not currently on a team, you can sign up as a stand-in. Being a stand-in means that you are available to play on a team if an extra player is needed. Keep in mind the following:
- There is a $5 entrance fee to be a stand-in for a tournament.
- There is no guarantee that you will be picked to play on a team depending on if any teams need players.
- There is no guarantee that you will receive a portion of the prize pool, if a team you played on wins the tournament. That is all up to the leader of the team to determine if you get a cut based on your actions in your matches.
- You cannot be a stand-in if you are already on a team in the tournament. This is only for those who are not currently on a team, looking to get some play time and show others what they are capable of.
From the team perspective, if you need a stand-in for a particular match, keep in mind that the stand-in list can be a bit limited as far as rankings and knowledge of the game, so it is suggested you always have at least 5 players available to play. It might be a good idea to have a 6th player as a permanent sub for your team when the time comes that you need one, but if you simply can’t find your last player, the stand-ins are there to help.
Tournament Server Settings:
|ammo_grenade_limit_default 1||mp_overtime_maxrounds 6|
|ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2||mp_overtime_startmoney 10000|
|ammo_grenade_limit_total 4||mp_respawn_immunitytime 0|
|bot_quota 0||mp_respawn_on_death_ct 0|
|mp_afterroundmoney 0||mp_respawn_on_death_t 0|
|mp_autokick 0||mp_round_restart_delay 7|
|mp_autoteambalance 0||mp_roundtime 1.92|
|mp_buytime 15||mp_roundtime_defuse 1.92|
|mp_c4timer 40||mp_roundtime_hostage 1.92|
|mp_death_drop_gun 1||mp_startmoney 800|
|mp_endmatch_votenextmap 0||mp_timelimit 0|
|mp_freezetime 15||mp_maxrounds 30|
|mp_halftime_pausetimer 0||mp_overtime_enable 1|
|mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 0||mp_weapons_allow_typecount 5|
|mp_limitteams 0||spec_replay_enable 0|
|mp_match_end_restart 1||sv_allow_votes 0|
|mp_match_restart_delay 30||sv_alltalk 0|
|mp_maxmoney 16000||sv_auto_full_alltalk_during_warmup_half_end 1|
|mp_maxrounds 30||sv_competitive_official_5v5 1|
|mp_overtime_enable 1||sv_deadtalk 1|
|mp_overtime_halftime_pausetimer 0||sv_voiceenable 1|