Forget the clown and bring on the games! Playing at the GameSync gaming center trumps the competition, offering kids (ages 6 and up) a cooperative, building experience or a competitive one (and it can be a blast for the parents, too!) We’re the only high-tech arena in San Diego! You bring the kids, we bring the excitement, with as little worries to you as possible. For the answers to the most common questions, read on.
What games do you offer?
We offer a variety of games that range from racing and action to adventure and puzzle games. We feature popular titles as well as gaming classics. For a full list please consult our games page.
We’re open year-round and your event can occur on any day. Our schedule fills up fast so book early! We’ve found that the most popular option is three hours, plenty of time for immersive gaming and eating.
- 25 minutes of free time are included (15 minutes for set-up and 10 minutes for clean-up)
- Billing is hourly and includes a dedicated staff member to support your event.
- You have the game room all to yourself (once we get everyone set up, we promise to stay out of the way unless you ask for assistance)
- You also have use of our reception room, perfect for snacks and food breaks and for parents and kids to chit-chat or play some classic games (note: occasionally we have customers briefly enter the reception room to drop off their computers at our adjacent San Diego PC Help repair labs)
- Should you wish to stay longer, you can purchase additional time on-demand so long as there are no bookings immediately after yours
- Free to use Gunner glasses available to all participants. It’s what the pro’s wear!
- Pizza for the kids included with four or more hours
Our rates are as follows:
- Hourly ………………$99 (recommended length is 3 hours)
- Large Pizza (Little Caesars) for 2 or 2.5 people ….. $10
- Additional staff member (recommended for 6 or more gamers) ….. $25/hr.
- Minecraft (or other popular game) expert to train non-gamers ….. $35/hr.
- Outdoor canopy/chairs/tables for 10 people ….. $49
- GameSync Gaming Shirts ….. Coming Soon!
- Themed event ….. Call
How Many People Can I Invite?
Our game room has 10 discrete stations for a maximum of 10 simultaneous players. We’ve found that most parties average 6-8 players plus parents and friends. Our facility can comfortably accommodate 20 people.
What About Food and Drinks?
You are more than welcome to bring your own food or have it delivered. We prefer drinks to be purchased from our concessions area (we stock large 20oz bottles and the most popular products for gamers). Parents can let each guest pick a drink from the fridge – there’s a wide variety to choose from and we’ve installed beverage holders next to each gaming station.
If you bring food, be advised that we do not have refrigeration available. While we prefer food to be eaten in the reception room, your guests are are welcome to simultaneously eat and play in the game room if they wish.
Can I Bring Decorations?
Yes. Please allow time before the event to decorate the space (15 minutes are included free with your reservation). We have scissors, scotch tape and other supplies available if needed and can help you decorate the space. We also carry balloons and other decorations at an additional cost – please let us know when making your reservation.
A Minecraft party is our most popular event – it makes for an exciting group session. Each player MUST have a paid Minecraft account: please ensure you mention this to all party invitees. Without an account, they will be unable to play the game. Register here.
If you have a customized world stored on your computer, you can access it during the party. Please copy the files to a USB memory stick and bring it so we can install it (the process only takes about a minute). If you don’t know where the files are stored or how to copy them to a USB flash drive, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you. We also have a local Minecraft server for your event. For more details on Minecraft parties, please talk to your event coordinator during the initial booking phase.
What can parents do during the event?
Parents have a unique opportunity to connect with their kids and watch or play along in the game room. Parents can also use our WiFi free of charge or play classic consoles with games from the 80′s and 90′s. Additionally, we have:
- Large format LCD TV in the game room to display the action from one station
- The video feed is mirrored on an LCD TV in the reception room for parents and guests to watch
What do I have to do to make it happen?
Managing a group of kids can be challenging enough. If the idea of running a birthday party has you overwhelmed, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. Call 858-777-1997 or email us to start your booking. We’ll need:
- Your contact info
- Estimated number of guests and length of time desired (free pizza for the kids with 4 or more hours)
- The game(s) your group wants to play (our current #1 title is Minecraft, followed by League of Legends)
- Your food plans (if you’re buying from us, we’ll have it delivered mid-way through the event unless otherwise specified)
- Any add-on options. If you choose a game trainer, we need to know what title(s) we will be training on
Once we’ve received the information to build your event, kindly:
- Provide (via phone or in person) a $50 refundable security deposit. This payment will be deducted from your final total
- Review and sign the GameSync Venue Rental Agreement and email/fax/mail/drop off the completed form to us
- Distribute the new account form to all participants and email/fax/mail/drop off the completed forms to us
Our address is 7905 Silverton Ave., 92126 and our fax number is 619-436-4834. Please feel free to call or visit us with any questions – we’re happy to discuss the event with you! Together we can create happy family memories.