Are you itching to meet other LoL players in a fun environment? We now offer weekly gatherings dedicated to the game. Drop in Saturday nights starting at 6PM and get your game on! To learn more about League of Legends Satudays, please click here. (Note: we are not currently offering tournaments, so this is the only way to experience League in a social setting).
The following is a list of procedures that are used during our event. Simply, we wanted to present as much information as possible beforehand so you can familiarize yourself with the process if you wish. Don’t worry, it’s much easier than it looks. We’ve even received feedback from amateurs as to how simple our arrangement flows, and we have staff on hand to help ensure you have a smooth, pleasant experience. We would also recommend that you check out our rules and structure, and visit our brackets page while you’re attending to see updated information on the matches. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or send us a message on our facebook page. We will respond as quickly as possible.
Before the First Game
- Ensure that each player’s fees are paid and that the team sheet is correct (name, email address, League of Legends account), and hand it in to the registrar. If you pre-registered (10% entry fee discount), please show us the email receipt (either via a printout or from your mobile device).
- Designate a team captain. The only official duty the captain has is to call the coin toss if your team is calling it in the air, so don’t overthink it too much.
- Go over basic positions and strategy if you haven’t already, so you’re prepared to make your decisions in a timely manner.
- Get a good look around and see where everything is. The tournament area, viewing area, caster’s station, concessions, and anything else.
- If you brought your own peripherals (keyboard, mouse, whatever), keep them in a safe place until you’re ready to play. We aren’t responsible for any lost or stolen equipment.
- Get a good seat and be ready when your team’s name is called.
Before Every Game
- Send your captain over to the referee, and conduct the coin toss.
- Be sure to file into the area quietly. Other players may be playing!
- Bring in your peripherals and plug them in quickly. If you didn’t, make sure the keyboard, headphones and mouse are plugged in, as the last player at your station may have used his own equipment.
- Log into League of Legends, and start a custom game with yourself immediately. Use this opportunity to set your keybindings and other settings to the way you like them. Be sure to test that the equipment is working as well.
- Mumble will be on at every station. Although we do our best to isolate each team with curtains and sound dampening, your team may wish to use it. If you do, make sure that you set the push-to-talk key correctly. You can do this at Configure > Settings > Shortcuts.
- Log out of your custom game and sign into the tournament game. The referee will provide you with the game’s name and password.
- Arrange yourselves onto the correct team and in the order you like. The referee/registrar (who host the games) will have their accounts logged in, but you’ll see them move to spectator status.
- Once you get the okay from the referee, start the game!
During The Game
- Remember that the timers for picks and bans won’t be extended; so be sure you know what you’re doing!
- If you have an issue-in game, you can pause the game with the command “/pause”. If so, you must IMMEDIATELY inform the referee about the pause and what the problem is. He’ll tell you how to proceed from there. Once it’s fixed, you can unpause the game with the command “/unpause”.
- Good luck!
After Every Game
- Once the Nexus falls, log out of League of Legends.
- Unplug all of your peripherals if they’re yours, and take them with you. Make sure the public keyboards, headphones and mice are plugged in once you leave.
- File out of the tournament area quietly. The other game may still be going on!
- Once you get to the viewing area, feel free to display good sportsmanship and shake hands with the other team. Also, your game may still be showing on delay. Feel free to watch it with the crowd!
A bathroom is available to use inside the LAN center before the event starts, as well as before and after a game. The door leading into the bathroom is next to the recycling and trash receptacles, near station #10. Once the first game begins, from that point on we kindly request that all those not participating in the current live match to please use the portable facilities outside.
Save 10% on entry fees! Sign up now for our next tournament. Benefits also include a smoother check-in process and 25% off game time leading up to the event. By pre-registering, you also help inform us of how many participants we can expect, thereby contributing to a smoother experience overall. To sign up and to be auto-notified of future events, please click here or on the button: