Join Our Facebook Group!
Get free giveaways, event news, winner’s photos & more
Welcome to San Diego’s Hub for Fighting Games
GameSync hosts two weekly events for the community: Critical Sync every Tuesday night and Synchronicity every Wednesday night! Sign-ups begin at 6pm: arrive early and challenge a friend to a practice match or two. Fists fly at 7pm and won’t stop until one person stands victorious among the rest! $5 gets you in the door and another $5 goes towards the prize pool. We feature Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, Dragon Ball FighterZ, UNIST and more. We add popular games based on demand and attendance: let us know what you want to see!
If you can’t attend, please be sure to watch us live on twitch. Join us as we build a new, super fun and exciting fighting game community! Note: due to changing popularity among titles, we suggest you join our Facebook group and Discord server to get the latest updates and links to brackets & pre-registration.
Tournament Organizers Wanted
We’re looking for TO’s to start up our FGC weeklies again. Contact us if interested!
Twitch Live Stream
We’re streaming our entire tournament every week at twitch.tv/gamesync. Stream typically starts after 7pm with the official brackets. Live commentary is offered from experienced local casters and we’re capturing the game in 1080p 60hz for optimal clarity. With viewers from around the USA, we warmly invite you to join us every Tuesday night!
Rules, Procedures, Payouts
- Players select their sides
- Players select their characters. Either Player may invoke Double Blind Character Selection
- The Players play the first Game of the Match
- The losing Player of the preceding Game may choose to change characters
- Players go to Stage Select and select Random
- The next Game is played
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all subsequent Games until the Match is complete
In the event of a tie Game, declared by a Double K.O. screen in the Game, the Game will not be scored and both players will replay the tied Game with the same characters and on the same stage.
All standard arcade sticks and controllers are permitted. Macro functions (e.g. turbo buttons) and wireless controllers other than DualShock 4 are not permitted. Players that use DualShock 4 but do not un-sync their controller after the Match are subject to disqualification at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
- If a Player either intentionally or accidentally pauses the Game by either pressing the start button or unplugging his or his opponent’s controller, the Player who paused forfeits the current Game.
- Tournament Organizers may order a Game or Match restart due to exceptional circumstances, such as if a bug significantly affects a Player’s ability to play or a Game or Match is unable to finish.
- Stalling, or excessively delaying the Game or Match, may result in a Game or Match forfeit at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
Players may designate one (1) individual to be their coach during each Tournament. Players may consult with the coach for a maximum of one (1) minute in between Games in a Match. Deliberately giving or receiving advice to/from any other person during a Game or Match is not allowed and may result in penalties for both parties.
Players who break the rules in this document are subject to penalties including (but not limited to) the following:
- Match Restart
- Loss of Game
- Match Forfeiture
- Removal from the Tournament
- Temporary Player Bans
- Permanent Player Bans
Money is distributed in the following order: 50% of the prize pool goes to the first place winner, 30% to second place, and 20% to third place. All funds are paid out via the Matcherino platform via PayPal or check (electronic check is sent to you for scanning into your bank app, and a paper check is mailed). Winners of over $600 per year are given a 1099 form in order to comply with federal tax requirements.
The Matcherino platform provides a transparent method of showing the community who won and where the funds are going. It has been in use by both small and large tournaments around the country for many years without issue. If have any questions or problems, please contact them on their Discord server and they will promptly assist you.
Dragon Ball FighterZ
- All Tournaments will be “double elimination” brackets, meaning that a Player will not be eligible to move forward if they lose two (2) Matches in the bracket.
- All Matches are Best-of-Three.
- Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (Matches involving Players that are guaranteed at least 3rd place) which are Best-of-Five.
- Game Version: PlayStation 4 (Latest Patch 1.16)
- Resolution: 1080p
- Timer: 300 seconds
- Stage Select: Random
- Music: Auto
IGN Ultimate Tips Beginner to Intermediate
IGN Ultimate Tips Advanced
TGN Anime Individual Character Breakdowns